There was no unfinished business.
- Flags and accessories presented to James Clemons High School JROTC. See this article for more information.
- T-shirt sales discussed as reported in the agenda.
- Madison Street Festival discussed as reported in the agenda.
- Veterans Day activities:
- Huntsville Veterans Day Parade (Morning, 12 November)
- Vic van Leeuwen will coordinate having Corvettes for two of our three WWII vets to ride in.
- Madison Veterans Memorial Park event (1400, 12 November)
- Speaker: LTC David Silvernail, Ret.
- We were unable to secure a band for the event but will play an appropriate selection of music over the PA.
- The mayor and city council have been invited to the event.
- James Clemens HS JROTC will provide the color guard.
- Veterans grave flog project is on track.
- We received one nomination for Finance Officer from the floor. Jim Haugen has accepted the nomination. The election will be conducted next month, followed by a brief installation ceremony.
- Doug Pruett brought up discussion of having a Post presence in the Madison Christmas Parade. The members present concurred that this is a good idea. Doug volunteered to be lead on this project, which will include a float of some sort. We would like to have a detail from the Post marching in the parade. If you want to be a part of this effort, email Doug (Douglas.Pruett@yms-hsv.com) or Jeremy Blevins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Doug also brought up mention of forming a Legion Riders chapter. In his research, he is unaware of any of the Madison County posts having one. Doug will continue looking into this and report back to the Post next meeting. If you would like to be involved, contact Doug.
- We also want to welcome another new member of the Post, Bob Allman.